I switched to being kind of mad at the Homestuck fandom by know.
You know, first we have this actual sexist asshole character like do we even need to discuss this?
There is no question Caliborn is a sexist, racist, homophobic (except if it’s hot lesbians of course) asshole who literally wants to destroy everything.
He killed his sister, took everything she loved and turned it into something bad and one day will become this big monster who destroys everything and kills everyone. there is no question he is a bad character.
But that’s just who he is, right? Nobody complains about this. Or the few who do are not taken seriously.
Because that’s just what Cherubs do, right?
Then we have John Egbert, a great character from my point of view, he tries to do the right thing, but sometimes he also is an asshole. He always tried to help his friends and get the best out of everything,
He got a lot of recognition from everyone around and everyone supports what he does.
Heck, he even called Caliborn out on his sexist bullshit.
Lately he has been meddling with the flow of time to get the best result for his session, to save a few lifes, to be the hero everyone already acknowlegdes he is.
The fandom loves him for it,everyone thinks he is a great and *good* character. Sure, a few people don’t like him or what he does, but most think he is great, they have all reason to.
But then there is Aranea Serket, a female character, canonically a hottie, who has been incospicuous, nice and helpful all her life. All she ever did was the right things, she gathered information, she helped anyone who ever needed her help, she was enthusiastic about giving all the information she gathered to anyone who wanted to hear it . or who didn’t want to hear it. She is a character based on intellect and knowlegde.
Now everyone of her friends is threatened by a great evil and of course she wants to help and save them. She knows exactly what to do, she has been studying about this for years after all, but all she gets is the “shut up I don’t want to hear about your solution” attitude. Everyone sees her as this grey mouse you can ask for help but you can ignore and run over as soon as she voices her own opinion or problems. And she was so tired of it. All she wanted was to save her friends and to get the recognition she deserved for over thousand years.
Soo~ long story short, she decided to meddle with time, just like John, to save her session.
But as soon as she does her first step, the fandom got furious.
Wasn’t Aranea that friendly grey mouse character who was unimportant, except when it comes to giving out information, who was not supposed to do anything but stand there and look hot?
How DARE a female intelligent hot character do anything important to the story?
She must have turned EVIL to do things her own way!
Because a female itelligent grey mouse character who does anything else than reading a book and actually takes action to save her friends is automatically evil.
On top of that, as soon as she stops manipulating the jerk she used to get there, the first thing she gets is a catcall.
Most of the fandom will probably laugh about this catcall and think it’s normal to tell her the most important character trait she has, that she is hot.
Fandom, please get your things straight.
Let’s be honest, if Aranea was a male character, everyone would love him for what he did just now. They would even praise him, what, a male intelligent character and he is even hot and does a thing to save his friends? Wowowowow.
But no, Aranea is a girl. Aranea is a great female character and just because she does things her own way does not mean she is evil, it just means she has an own mind and fights for her friends AND for the recognition she never got because she is a female.
It doesn’t make her less important than any of the male characters who do exactly the same thing and who are praised for it.
Please don’t hate on Aranea for being a female hero of the story.
- shyheadbanger reblogged this from straydogsixx and added:
- icebrigadedoesthings reblogged this from timeywhimeyshtuff and added:
- pikminyaoi likes this
- maple-cherry-snow reblogged this from thefurrydoctor
- maple-cherry-snow likes this
- thefurrydoctor reblogged this from thefurrydoctor
- wafflez2damax reblogged this from thefurrydoctor
- soundxthexbugle likes this
- timeywhimeyshtuff reblogged this from rogueofbooty
- y0ur-bl00d-is-0ur-m0n3y likes this
- baron-von-tibbles reblogged this from straydogsixx
- baron-von-tibbles likes this
- straydogsixx reblogged this from baron-von-tibbles and added:
- rogueofbooty reblogged this from mama-vixxen
- mama-vixxen reblogged this from amusedanarchist
- mama-vixxen likes this
- amusedanarchist reblogged this from davestriderswetpussy
- revengeofrickybrodinger likes this
- cyan-kilo reblogged this from platosbikeseat
- cyan-kilo likes this
- numeralzero reblogged this from vergess
- irleerah reblogged this from 4sy
- putinyoudown reblogged this from platosbikeseat and added:
- inimicalprussianlullaby reblogged this from awkwardkarkat and added:
- winsday09 reblogged this from light-brights
- herpderpdoctor likes this
- rare-kinds likes this
- papaya-maryham likes this
- hueloovoo likes this
- blaze-fahrenheit likes this
- oziancarnival reblogged this from vickisaurusrex
- bassedmio reblogged this from koryfonics
- bassedmio likes this
- koryfonics reblogged this from wishfulfeline and added:
- wishfulfeline reblogged this from thatonestrider
- thatonestrider reblogged this from jadekittykat
- thatonestrider likes this
- dirtymutini reblogged this from jadekittykat
- jadekittykat reblogged this from witchydamara
- allthisfandomness reblogged this from mrsolearysayswoof
- shipsfandomsandtears reblogged this from spartanpaladin
- circusfairy likes this
- the-one-and-only-hufflepuffgirl reblogged this from puffypantsdirk
- the-one-and-only-hufflepuffgirl likes this
- cute-corrupt-daydreamer reblogged this from tianyiluo
- jameshazard likes this
- jaeger---bombastic reblogged this from djsckatzen
- thevioletveil likes this
- kinokofairy likes this
- so-ende likes this